Data Privacy: Our Promise – Your Right
At the Schober Group, data protection is more than a matter of course: Data protection defines our daily work. The best possible handling of data and the highest sensitivity are our top priority – with respect to our employees, our customers and business partners, our data and technology. Every day. For over 70 years.
This is why the Schober Group strictly adheres to data protection legislation and provides all its services in accordance with data protection regulations.
Data Protection and Data Security
As a member of DDV, we guarantee compliance with data security standards as well as the highest level of professionalism and quality.
All services and processes of the Schober Group are in full compliance with data protection regulations, in particular with the provisions of the European General Data Protection Regulation (hereafter referred to as GDPR).
All Schober Group employees are obliged to maintain confidentiality when handling personal information.
We are committed to meeting the quality and performance standards (QuLS) of our umbrella organisation, the Deutsche Dialogmarketing Verband e.V. (German Dialog Marketing Association – DDV) in Frankfurt, Germany. DDV regularly audits compliance with the QuLS.
Contact Information for Responsible Persons
Schober Information Group Deutschland GmbH
Tel.: +49 (0)7156 304-0
Fax.: +49 (0)7156 304-369
AG Stuttgart HRB 202526
VAT Number.: DE227263258
Managing Director: Ulrich Schober
The company data protection officer of Schober Information Group Deutschland GmbH can be contacted at the above address, Rechtsanwalt Peter Ambrus, or at firstname.lastname@example.org respectively.
What is personal data?
Personal data is defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereafter referred to as “data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
What personal data is collected and processed on our website?
When you visit our web pages, for reasons of system security our web servers store the connection data for 40 days of:
the requesting computer,
the web pages you visit on our site,
the date and duration of your visit,
the identification data of the browser and operating system used and the web page from which you accessed our page.
Additional personal data such as your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address will only be stored if you have given your separate and explicit consent to their processing. We process the personal data provided by you on our website exclusively for the technical administration of our website, to answer your inquiry or to send you the advertising information covered by your consent. Personal data are individual details about personal or factual circumstances of a specific or identifiable natural person. A person may be regarded as identifiable if he or she can be identified directly or indirectly by the individual disclosure(s). Information that is not directly associated with you, such as favorite websites or the number of users of a page, is not personal data.
Adjust your settings:
Legal Basis for Data Processing
Schober Information Group Deutschland GmbH processes personal information under the legal basis of consent pursuant to Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR or based upon legitimate interest in accordance with Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
Schober Information Group Deutschland GmbH has a legitimate interest in the processing of personal data for the purposes of direct marketing to companies and for checking and enriching the address databases of other companies.
How long your personal data is stored
Unless specifically indicated, we will only store personal data for as long as is necessary or legally required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
Your Right to object
You can object at any time to the processing of your personal data via the contact data listed under the responsible party on the website. You can check your other rights as a data subject below.
Data Subject Rights
You have the right:
- in accordance with Article 15 GDPR, to receive confirmation from us as to whether we process personal data pertaining to you and, in the event of confirmation, to request information about the same. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned term of storage, the existence of a right of rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data if it has not been collected from us, as well as the existence of automated decision making including profiling and, where applicable, meaningful information regarding the details about it; you may also request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned duration of storage, the existence of a right of rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data if it has not been collected from us, and the existence of an automated decision-making process including profiling and, where applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- in accordance with Article 16 GDPR to demand the prompt correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- in accordance with Article 17 GDPR to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us, insofar as the purposes of processing are no longer necessary, you revoke your consent to data processing, file an objection to data processing, the personal data are processed unlawfully; the deletion is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation under EU law or the law of the Member States to which we are subject,
- to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Article 18 GDPR insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful but you decline its deletion and we no longer need the data but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have lodged an objection to the processing in accordance with Article 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Article 20 GDPR to obtain your personal data, which you have provided us with, in a structured, readable and common format or to request transmission to another party;
- in accordance with Article 7 para. 3 GDPR to revoke your consent once given to us at any time;
- to object at any time to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Article 21 GDPR; this also applies to profiling insofar as it is connected to direct advertising.
- in accordance with Article 22 GDPR not to be subjected to a decision based exclusively on automated processing – including profiling – which has legal effect on you or which significantly impacts you in a similar manner;
- according to Article 77 GDPR to file a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your domicile or place of work or our company headquarters. The responsible supervisory authority for Schober Information Group Deutschland GmbH is: The State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information Baden-Württemberg, Königstrasse 10 a, 70173 Stuttgart.
Should you wish to exercise your rights with regard to data protection, in particular, to revoke consent or to object to Schober Information Group Deutschland GmbH, please send your inquiry by e-mail or regular mail clearly identifying yourself:
Schober Information Group Deutschland GmbH
Data Protection Officer
Fax-Number: 07156 304-283
Our company data protection officer will promptly address your concerns and inform you in writing.
Transfer of Data to Third Countries
Data will only be transferred to companies in third countries if this is expressly stated in these data protection provisions.
Schober Information Group Deutschland GmbH processes personal data from its own collections, from products supplied by third parties and from publicly accessible sources.
We use the most common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in combination with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. As a rule, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the closed representation of the key or lock symbol in the bottom status bar of your browser.
We also use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
The DDV Robinson List
For more than 47 years, DDV has been offering data subjects the option to be added to the Robinson list. You can be added to this list if you do not wish to receive addressed mailings from companies where you are not a customer or have not expressly agreed to receive such mailings.
Anyone can be added to the list free of charge using different spellings of their name. The registration in the Robinson list is valid for five years and must be renewed afterwards. The time limit prevents the Robinson list from becoming obsolete, e.g. due to relocation or marriage. According to DDV’s experience, between 80 and 90 percent of companies use the Robinson list, as it can significantly reduce advertising and mailing costs.
However, the Robinson list cannot completely rule out the possibility of advertising letters for the acquisition of new customers, as its use in Germany is voluntary. Data subjects can request an application form by calling 0 52 44 / 90 37 23 or by writing to the following address:
You can also sign up for the DDV Robinson List here.
Google Analytics and Webtracking
We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc., for the purpose of tailoring our pages to meet your needs and continuously optimising them. (https://www.google.de/ intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereafter referred to as „Google“). In this regard, pseudonymised user profiles are created and cookies are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this site such as
- operating system used, Referrer-URL
- (the site visited prior),
- Hostname of accessing computer (IP-address),
- Time of server request,
You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by cookies and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and from processing this data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de) However, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all the features of this website to their full extent.
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent Google Analytics from capturing data by clicking https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
An opt-out cookie will be used to prevent your data from being collected in the future when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie applies only in this browser and only to our website and will be stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must repeat the opt-out cookie.
Through the use of Google Analytics, a data transfer to the United States takes place. With certification according to the EU-US Privacy Shield, Google ensures that the European level of data protection is also guaranteed at Google.
For more information about data privacy in relation to Google Analytics, see the Google Analytics Help, for example.
Further Information and Helpful Links
The State Commissioner for Data Protection in Baden-Württemberg
Königstr. 10 A
Tel.: 07 11 / 61 55 41 – 0
Fax: 07 11 / 61 55 41 – 15
Deutscher Dialogmarketing Verband e.V. (DDV)
Hahnstraße 70, 60528 Frankfurt
Tel. 069 401276500
The Schober Newsletter is available free of charge and you can unsubscribe at any time here. Or by simply clicking on „Unsubscribe“ at the bottom of each newsletter.